The Insured must:
- Coordinate any loss to AIG without delay. Policy requirement is usually within 7 days.
- List the loss incurred/damaged property for easy reference during site visit.
- Act like a prudent person in protecting the property from further damage.
- Impart necessary information/document to AIG’s representative.
- Make periodic follow-up.
Documents to be submitted:
- Incident/investigation report.
- Certificate from Bureau of Fire Protection for loss due to fire.
- Technical report from supplier/repairer for loss due to machinery breakdown/electronic equipment.
- List of damaged items with corresponding quotation/purchase order/invoice/official receipt.
- Properly labeled colored photographs of the damages sustained.
- Further documents will be requested if proven necessary such as, but not limited to:
- bill of quantity
- lease contract
- acquisition documents of property
- building/electrical/mechanical layout,
- equipment/machine manual and maintenance logbook
- audited financial statement
- stock inventory report
How claim is settled?
- Evaluation of claim (policy attachment and measurement of loss) will commence upon completion of documentary requirement.
- If everything is in order, an offer will be released within 10 working days.
- If offer is acceptable, payment will be issued within 7 working days.