The causes and the consequences of property damage are wide-ranging, and the potential loss from interruption to business operations can be devastating to the balance sheet – potentially even more so than the original loss.
AIG brings sophisticated and extensive capabilities to our clients’ risk management programs. Its unrivalled network provides a superior platform to harness the best practices. Our extensive property insurance cover is a market-leader in offering capacity of up to US$1.5 billion to cover financial losses arising from an incident at your property, supported by specialist claims, risk engineering, and risk management services.
Our market-leading capacity of up to US$1.5 billion for well-protected, well-managed risks reduces the need for multiple insurers, helping you to simplify your risk management program. Our comprehensive coverages contemplate our clients’ full exposure, from property damage to business interruption, and contingent business interruption.
Global support and expertise
When disaster strikes, local resources are put under extreme pressure. The ability to call on global resources is one of the key strengths of our international network of claims specialists, and vitally important to get you back up and running as quickly as possible following a catastrophe.
Expert loss control engineering
Our specialist team of loss control engineers helps to identify and reduce potential exposures, reducing the chance of loss and mitigating the impact of unexpected events.
Quick payments that could help them continue their operations. We have superior technical resources and standing partnerships with premier investigators, engineering firms, subrogation, and forensic accounting specialists. As a result, we can bring the right resources to our clients quickly and efficiently when a loss occurs.
Who is covered?
This policy provides you with coverage for your property against loss or damage caused by fire and lightning, and allied perils such as earthquake, typhoon, flood, falling aircraft, impact damage, volcanic eruption, riot, strike and malicious damage. Additional covers may be added to meet the needs of the business.
There is an option to include Machinery Breakdown cover, Electronic Equipment Insurance cover, and Business Interruption in this policy.
Types of properties we cover include:
- Commercial Buildings
- Infrastructure (Roads, Railway systems)
What is covered?
‘All-Risks’ of physical loss or damage including, but not limited to :
- Fire and/or lightning
- Windstorm, storm, typhoon, hailstorm, hurricane, tornado
- Volcanic eruption
- Explosion, falling aircraft, impact by road vehicles, smoke
- Broad water damage, water damage caused by the overflowing or bursting of water tanks, pipes or other apparatus, backing up of sewers and pipes
- Subsidence, collapse, landslide and/or landslip
- Riot and strike, civil commotion, malicious acts
- Mechanical or electrical derangement, failure or breakdown
- Electrical injury being the overheating of electrical and electronic equipment without actual ignition
- Bush fire
- Spontaneous combustion
- Sprinkler and related firefighting apparatus leakage
- Tidal wave and tsunami
How to make a claim?
When you buy insurance from AIG, you can have confidence that we stand ready to help you recover quickly when the unexpected happens. The claims operation that underpins every AIG policy is one of our greatest strengths, with a strong local claims team backed by our global network of expertise to support you when you face a loss.
For claims associated with Property All-Risk, please reach out to your insurance broker to assist you. You may also contact us at:
Phone: +63 2 8 878 5455
Click below to learn about the necessary documents needed in order to submit a claim.
The Insured must:
- Coordinate any loss to AIG without delay. Policy requirement is usually within 7 days
- List the loss incurred/damaged property for easy reference during site visit
- Act like a prudent person in protecting the property from further damage
- Impart necessary information/document to AIG’s representative
- Make periodic follow-up
Documents to be submitted:
- Incident/investigation report
- Certificate from Bureau of Fire Protection for loss due to fire
- Technical report from supplier/repairer for loss due to machinery breakdown/electronic equipment
- List of damaged items with corresponding quotation/purchase order/invoice/official receipt
- Properly labeled colored photographs of the damages sustained
- Further documents will be requested if proven necessary such as, but not limited to, bill of quantity, lease contract, acquisition documents of property, building/electrical/mechanical layout, equipment/machine manual and maintenance logbook, audited financial statement, stock inventory report
How claim is settled?
- Evaluation of claim (policy attachment and measurement of loss) will commence upon completion of documentary requirement
- If everything is in order, an offer will be released within 10 working days
- If offer is acceptable, payment will be issued within 7 working days