Insurance solution that manages product liabilities worldwide
Customers expect their suppliers to hold appropriate levels of insurance for the nature of the business. Similarly, if the business sells or even gives away any goods, the public has a right to expect these to be fit for purpose. So damage or injury caused by the product or its use may result in liability claims. Whether your company is a producer, wholesaler, vendor, supplier or exporter, product liability claims are a real and potentially debilitating danger.
We at AIG deliberated these risks. We formulate a solution to handle the service needs of many businesses, from exporters, to businesses with single sales outlets, to full scale multi-premises operations.
No two risks are the same. New and improved products will allow you to address each of them, saving time and money when it comes to taking care of some of your most valuable assets. This is because our market capability and large limit capacity can handle the entirety of almost any risk. And, we regularly conduct market education on a wide range of products, services, and emerging risks.
AIG Casualty operates globally and regularly supports worldwide jurisdiction for Philippine companies. Operations outside the country have the full support of the AIG global network. Its global operations allow us to support your business from the Philippines. Since our territorial reach is worldwide, we ensure regulations across boarders are adhered to so that fines and penalties are not incurred.
AIG casualty has the ability to conduct customized loss control evaluations on certain clients who operate in a wide range of industries like construction and manufacturing operations. We also have strong partnerships in the H&L, BPO, Construction, and Financial Institution sectors.
We have the financial strength to support the smallest to the largest claims incurred. Claims are then paid quickly so your business does not incur additional costs or man hours spent outside of the core day to day business. And, when multiple insurers are on the same risk, claims issues can develop if companies have different interpretation of the coverage. One carrier = one claim payment.
Product Liability Insurance covers the company from the result of damage to property or personal injury caused by their product. It’s applicable to industries such as construction, energy and utilities, communications, manufacturing - food and beverage, chemicals, minerals, metals, electronics, and machinery, multinational risks of all shapes and sizes, and wholesale trade.
Every product your company produces or distributes is a potential target for expensive product liability litigation. Product liability extends from the product itself to all packaging, containers, part and accessories, as well as instructions, warnings, and warranties.
When you buy insurance from AIG, you can have confidence that we stand ready to help you recover quickly when the unexpected happens. The claims operation that underpins every AIG policy is one of our greatest strengths, with a strong local claims team backed by our global network of expertise to support you when you face a loss.
For claims associated with Products Liability, please reach out to your insurance broker to assist you. You may also contact us at:
Phone: +63 2 878 5456
Click below to learn about the necessary documents needed in order to submit a claim.
The Insured must:
• Give immediate notice to the Company with full particulars which includes copies of incident report, summons /complaint and other pertinent documents;
• Act as prudently uninsured and take all steps within its power to minimize the loss or damage;
• In all instances, never admit nor repudiate liability, negotiate or make any admission, offer promises or payment in connection with any incident or accident or claim without the written prior consent of the Company.
• Cooperate with the authorized representative of the Company in the conduct of investigation.
• Allow the Company to have complete control in the conduct of negotiation and settlement of any claim.
• Refer all letters and communications to the Company without either admitting liability or attempting to repudiate.
• Provide all documents that may be required to fully support the reported claims as soon as available.
Points to consider:
• Casualty Insurance Policy cover is triggered by occurrence of third party bodily injury and/or third party property damage.
• In case an occurrence is considered a covered claim, the defense cost is also triggered; subject to the Policy’s Terms and Conditions.
How claim is settled?
• Settlements are usually based on the actual cost incurred in the treatment of third party bodily injury or cost of repair/reinstatement of damaged third party property to its original state prior to the incident.
• Financial loss suffered by a third party following an occurrence, subject to presentation of relevant documents
• Awards and/or consequential consideration as ordered by the Court, excluding uninsurable award/s.
• Any award/compensation/settlement agreed by all parties.