If a company produces, distributes or is in the business of food and beverages retail, the risk of product contamination is ever-present. When it occurs, the cost of recall and replacement can be a financial burden, and the public may lose confidence in the brand.
AIG offers innovative crisis management solutions enabling our customers to confidently pursue their operations, assured that product recall strategies are in place, plans are tested, and potential financial losses are appropriately covered.
Expertise in casualty field
AIG is world-recognized leader in both primary and excess levels of Contaminated Products insurance, particulary for clients with sustainable risk profiles and high standards of quality. The expertise of our team means we have a broad appetite for business types, and the ability to create solutions appropriate to the nature of the risk, size, geographical location, and company solution.
Efficient damage control
Our experience in risk prevention covers a wide range of industries and is supported by an international network of technicians. AIG provides access to a network of 500 loss control specialists worldwide with experience in loss prevention, legislation on security, risk management, crisis management and mitigation.
Our insurance solutions can extend into other jurisdictions, issuing local policies through AIG offices present worldwide, and expertise in international and multinational markets, energy risks and utilities, construction and private finance initiatives (PFI), crisis management, and business markets (Large companies and SMEs).
Outstanding claims service
Our dedicated claims specialists are experienced in all types of claims, from smaller express claims to large and complex ones. We're an expert and responsive partner even for difficult, challenging, and unusual risks. We also have 9000 experts worldwide to quickly respond to and investigate claims made against your local operating companies.
Who is it for?
Contaminated Products Insurance is designed for manufacturers, producers, suppliers and retailers of foods, cosmetics, or consumer goods. Our coverage goes well beyond meeting the conventional recall charge, and can be tailored to the unique needs of the business.
What is covered?
Covered perils include:
- Accidental contamination
- Governmental recall
- Malicious product tampering
- Product extortion
Covered Losses may include:
- Recall costs
- Consultant costs
- Replacement costs
- Destruction costs
- Redistribution costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Business interruption
How to make a claim?
When you buy insurance from AIG, you can have confidence that we stand ready to help you recover quickly when the unexpected happens. The claims operation that underpins every AIG policy is one of our greatest strengths, with a strong local claims team backed by our global network of expertise to support you when you face a loss.
For claims associated with Contaminated Products Insurance, please reach out to your insurance broker to assist you. You may also contact us at:
Phone: +63 2 8 878 5456
Click below to learn about the necessary documents needed in order to submit a claim.
The Insured must:
- Give immediate notice to the Company with full particulars which includes copies of Incident report, summons/complaint and other pertinent documents;
- Act as prudently uninsured and take all steps within its power to minimize the loss or damage;
- In all instances, never admit nor repudiate liability, negotiate or make any admission, offer promises or payment in connection with any incident or accident or claim without the written prior consent of the Company.
- Cooperate with the authorized representative of the Company in the conduct of investigation.
- Allow the Company to have complete control in the conduct of negotiation and settlement of any claim.
- Refer all letters and communications to the Company without either admitting liability or attempting to repudiate.
Point to consider:
- Contaminated Products Insurance is triggered by the actual contamination of the products.